Friday, December 14, 2012

Finals week

Finals- the most dreaded part of the semester and arguably the most stressful.  

(Personally, I found the first round of 4 o'clocks [Lehigh's two sets of midterms a semester] more stressful because they still have class, other assignments, and extracurriculars during them.)

The days tend to drag on, and are filled with a rotation of caffeine (or your personal study aid of choice), food, complaining about finals, fighting for a seat in the library, wondering why you are putting yourself through this, sleeping, Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Stumble upon/Pinterest, and yes, actually studying.  

This semester I got lucky with my schedule of exams.  I had my first Wednesday afternoon my second last night and my last is Monday morning, so they have been spread out pretty well.  Also, unlike last year, when I had to pull out a great grade in Calc or learn 500 pages of Roman history, none of my exams are too hard or have a ton of information on them.  

With everyone having completely different study habits and schedules, it is an odd week on campus.  You may not see your roommate for days because they are fiercely guarding their cubicle in FML and you might be just leaving for the library when your best friend is just returning after pulling an all-nighter. 

It is also probably the most unhealthy week of the year.  I spent all day Monday in our downstairs living room, which is conveniently right next to our kitchen. Having lots of leftovers, peppermint bark, vanilla lattes, and cookie dough to your disposal all day is not a good thing.  By contrast, on Tuesday I didn't grab food from the house before heading to Lindy, so all I ate until 7 p.m. was a banana and granola bar.  

I am glad to only have one exam left, and having all day tomorrow and Sunday to study makes me feel less nervous for it.  While I absolutely love Lehigh, it is going to be nice to leave Monday afternoon and have two and a half weeks of break. (More specifically, this is how I'm going to feel) 

It is also going to be great to have a fresh start-this semester has been the most rewarding and most fun, but also the busiest.  Coming back to campus on January 5 with new goals and ideas for my Senate position and Alpha Gam positions plus personal and academic new year's resolutions will be the boost and refresher I need.  

But for now, I must concentrate on Bioscience.  For a comedic relief from finals, here are some great memes I found.  






Because what is better motivation than Ryan Gosling seemingly gazing into your eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment