Saturday, November 10, 2012

Crispy Edamame [Pinterest]

Like a lot of my 18-22 year old female friends, I am addicted to Pinterest.  For those who are not familiar, Pinterest is a social media website that has pictures ("pins") of clothing, hair styles, home decorating ideas, recipes...pretty much anything you would be interested in or want to browse.  If you find something that you like, you pin it to one of your "pin boards", which are virtual cork boards.  Some of my boards are of clothes, food, things related to college life, and craft ideas.  

My favorite pins on Pinterest are ones with craft ideas or recipes.  So, as I attempt the projects I find on Pinterest, I will post the pin, my result, and comments on how easy or hard the project was.  

PROJECT 1: Crispy Edamame

Our cook does not cook dinner on Friday, so girls tend to go out to eat or pick up food at Panera or the like.  Last night I decided to save money and stay in to eat.  I didn't feel like leftovers, so I looked over my "nom" pin board and found an easy recipe I pinned two weeks ago, crispy edamame.  


We had edamame in the salad bar and the recipe looked easy and relatively healthy, so I decided to try it.  I mixed the ingredients (plus chili pepper at the suggestion of my friend) in a bowl and through it on the pan and in the oven.  I didn't set a timer, but just took it out of the oven when the edamame started to look a bit crispy.  

Here's the finished product:



It was delicious and easy to make, so I will definitely be eating it again when I make myself dinner on the weekends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment