Sunday, November 4, 2012

Adventures in Pittsburgh

As I said in my last post, I spent the last week staying at my sorority sister's house in Pittsburgh after being evacuated from Lehigh.  

I have always loved cities and it was a lot of fun to explore Pittsburgh, which I have never visited before.  

While I am used to living on a hill, I was very surprised that Pittsburgh is full of hills.  The city feels like it is nestled between lots of hills, with the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers, which form the Ohio River, flowing through.  

We spent two of the days in Pittsburgh catching up on homework, but we explored the Strip and Southside of the city on Wednesday.  

For reference, here's a map of Pittsburgh: 


A view of the Strip, which has lots of cultural shops. 

We ate lunch at Roland's, a restaurant in the Strip.  They had amazing lobster rolls!


The Strip is full of beautiful and vibrant murals.  

 We went to Pennsylvania Macaroni Company, which sells a huge selection of cheese, bread, and other speciality items.  I found this brand of butter with my name on it, so of course it was worthy of a picture.  Below is my friend Liz picking out what cheese to buy for dinner.  
























These are two pictures of the Pittsburgh Popcorn Company.  It was a really cool, old shop that sold speciality popcorn.  I bought a bag of candy corn popcorn and it was amazing. 




The pictures to the right and below are shots of the skyline of Pittsburgh.  The tall building in the picture to the right is the Cathedral of Learning in University of Pittsburgh. 


This is an instagrammed picture of our dinner, which was lots of delicious cheeses from Penn Mac, some fruit, and crackers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment